This half-day guided virtual experience will ignite your vision, confidence, and plan for writing the memoir that will light up your world and ours.
Craft Your Memoir Around the Campfire
Join me and walk away with a personalized plan for working on the book about your life that’s been hanging out too long on your bucket list.
It’s time to quit saying ‘someday’ and put your memoir where your mouth is.
Friday, June 9th | 9am-12:30pm pm EST
Registration is $297 or you can upgrade to $317 and also receive a copy of Dear Universe, I Get it Now
Craft Your Memoir Around the Campfire is a guided virtual experience that will ignite your vision, confidence, and plan for the memoir that will light up your world and ours.
Together, we’ll move you from an unconfident, uncertain, unprepared author wannabe to a confident, clear, and in-control aspiring author with a vision and plan.
Inside these 3.5 hours, you’ll:
‘Meet’ your book and develop your vision for what it can do for you and for others (otherwise, you’ll always be staring a the blank page and never starting)
Become acquainted with your ‘why’ (because without this, you’ve got no due North)
Begin to understand your book’s relevancy and universal element (so you’re no longer doubting why your book matters)
Chisel away at your big idea to make it more contained, specific, and manageable (goodbye overwhelm)
Face your mindset limitations and learn new perspectives and strategies for working with them (so Doubt and Fear are teachers, not tyrants)
Learn about the 5-step writing path and the book lifecycle (to prepare you for the writing and publishing path ahead)
Draft your own writing schedule that includes accountability (because the only way a book gets written is if your ass is in the chair)
Create a plan for moving forward so you can actually write your memoir (and quit giving it lip service)
You’ll no longer tell yourself “someday” you’ll write your book.
Instead, you’ll give yourself permission to move forward and know you have what it takes to write a powerful and compelling memoir.
Is Craft Your Memoir Around the Campfire for You?
I hope so, but let’s check.
Do you identify with this statement?
I am a loving and kind human who feels silenced or marginalized and am being called to write a book about my life experiences.
If that’s a whole ‘hell yess’ in your heart, then try these next ones on for size.
- I have done some healing work but believe writing my story will activate further healing
- I am safely beyond the hard life events I want to write about (read: I’m not right in the middle of a current trauma)
- I don’t actually know what a memoir is
- I have no clue how to write a book
- I lack confidence in my ability
- I believe no one will care what I have to say
- I am willing to be vulnerable
- I need to understand the whole writing journey ahead to feel prepared and in control
- I feel emotionally ready to put myself out there by working on my book in a safe space
- I want to receive support that helps me take aligned and intentional action toward the next steps on my book-writing journey that feels realistic and empowering
- I can and will invest a little time and energy to get started working on my memoir
If you identified with at least three of these statements, you’re in the right place.
What do you say, friend? …
Is it time to make good on your promise to your self, the item on your bucket list, or the whisper in your heart to tell your story and write the book about your life?
This is the perfect time to get started and you already have what it takes.
Here’s what you need to know:
- The campfire is a virtual thing, so no need to panic if fire scares you
- We will be running via Zoom and there’s no recording or replay that will be available – you’ve got to be there to get the goods
- We start promptly at 9 am and coffee is encouraged
- When you register, you’ll receive an invoice for your ticket purchase and the accompanying handouts you’ll need for our time together
- Clear your calendar and free yourself of distractions so you can get the most out of this experience and truly dedicate this time to getting started on your book
- If you don’t have Post-it notes laying around, get some
The workshop breakdown:
In our time together, let’s ignite your vision, your confidence, and your plan for writing the memoir that will light up your world and ours.
9:00-9:30 Welcome & Warm Up
9:30-10:15 Envision & Clarify Your Book
- ‘Meet’ your book and develop your vision for what it can do for you and for others
- Become acquainted with your ‘why’
- Begin to understand your book’s relevancy and universal element
10:15-11:00 Boost Your Confidence & Take Control
- Start to consider your ideal reader and embrace the ‘power of One’
- Chisel away at your big idea to make it more contained, specific, and manageable
- Face your mindset limitations and learn new perspectives and strategies for working with them
- Learn about the 5-step writing path and the book lifecycle
11:00-11:45 Establish a Practice & Make a Plan
- Draft your own writing schedule that includes accountability
- Create a plan for moving forward so you can actually write your memoir
11:45 Cool Down & Wrap Up
Are you ready to go from an unconfident, uncertain, unprepared author wannabe to a confident, clear, and in-control aspiring author with a vision and plan?
Meet Ally – Your Award Winning Writing Guide
I’m a professional writer, native Vermonter, practicing feminist, recovering middle child, wannabe superhero, and a mom who’s pretty sure I’m getting by on the method I call “winging it”. Oh, and also, the author of Dear Universe, I Get it Now.
I was 32 when I figured out how to turn my passion for writing into a living and 35 when I finally pushed through my own B.S. and published my first book.
I’ve been braving the blank page my entire life. Now, I’m coaching women (and other like-minded humans) to write their own books (or I ghostwrite them for them.)
Either way, I’m on a mission to elevate marginalized voices and empower them to share their stories of hope, grit, and triumph.
I know these stories – YOUR STORY – will change the effin’ world.
I hope to see you soon.